Call for Papers The Second International Scientific Conference “Child in Focus – A Multidisciplinary Approach”
We hereby extend an invitation to scientists working with children and on the protection of children’s rights to participate in the Second International Scientific Conference “Child in Focus – A Multidisciplinary Approach,” which will be held online on the 7th and 8th October 2021 at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Mostar.
The goal of the conference is to exchange contemporary knowledge and ways of overcoming the challenges children deal with by putting special emphasis on the multidisciplinary approach in overcoming the current pandemic crisis. The conference shall also discuss potential prejudices and fears regarding professional work with children, as well as encourage the acquisition and development of new ideas and methods in the multidisciplinary approach to children.
The scientific conference will try to provide answers to the following questions:
1 .How has the pandemic crisis impacted children’s rights?
2. How to protect children and react to the phenomenon of cyberbullying in new modern times?
3. How to understand children’s mental health?
4. How can various therapeutic approaches (medical, social, psychological, educational) improve recovery after traumatic experiences?
5. How do professionals deal with stress when working with children?
The Introductory Panel – Plenary Speakers:
1. Dubravka Hrabar, PhD, tenured full professor, the Head of the Department of Family Law, the Faculty of Law of the University of Zagreb
Topic: Children’s Rights and Contemporary Challenges – Children as a Means or an End?
2. Irma Kovčo Vukadin, tenured full professor, Faculty of Education and Rehabilitation of the University of Zagreb
Topic: Cyberbullying in New Normal Times – a Global and Regional Perspective
3. Gordana Buljan Flander, PhD, Zagreb Polyclinic for Children and Youth Protection
Topic: Between a Rock and a Hard Place – Children of Divorced Parents
4. Lilja Cajvert, Senior Lecturer in Social Work, Department of Social Work, Göteborg University
Topic: Process Supervision of Experts Who Work with Children, Young Adults and Parents
More details about the Conference can be found here: